A Plethora Of Information
During a recent lengthy video (September 17, 2016), Dr. Terry Wahls goes through her entire kitchen counter packed full of products and items she uses for optimal health. She shares with us, products that have helped her restore and maintained her health.
As Dr. Terry Wahls has been diagnosed with a chronic progressive neurological disorder as well as a secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
She is a major inspiration! Not only she an inspiration she is amazingly frank and very funny to boot.
Having been in a severe debilitating state, which she has overcome by choosing the right foods to bring a healthy and vibrant life back to herself. Just an amazing story.
Dr. Terry Wahls recommends any supplement to start slow and gradually build up taking more, all the while pay close attention to how you are feeling.
You must also let your primary care doctor what supplements you have added or would like to add to your diet.
Take TWO! Live with Dr. Terry Wahls!
Posted by PaleoBOSS on Saturday, September 17, 2016
Terry Wahls Books
Terry Wahls has a few books for people looking to dive deeper into her thoughts and procedures that she uses to heal herself. These are available on Amazon.
The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles
This book is available in every format: Hardcover, paperback, Audio CD, and Kindle. This is the #1 Best Seller on Amazon for Multiple Sclerosis.
The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions
This book is available in Paperback, Spiral-bound, and a Kindle edition through Amazon. This is packed full of scrumptious, nutritionally packed recipes that adhere to her Wahls Paleo Diet.
Products & Thoughts
This is pack so full of information to help people. Take a look and see for yourself.
- Marigolds – Grow flowers, herbs, and vegetables. To harvest them at their optimal nutritional value.
- Ceramics – This is ceramics her daughter had made.
- Salt Candle – She likes having a salt candle burning to release negative ions into the air. Which help the environment and makes the air refreshed. She recommends it in your living spaces, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.
- Food Budget – Be conscious of your food budget to do lifestyle and diet changes, regardless of income. Prioritize your spending on nourishment. Get rid of sugar, white flour, energy drinks, tobacco, fancy teas, and coffees, and alcohol. Do the best you can, with the money you have available.
- Buy Vegetables!!!! Buy vegetables that can be stored like onions, dried mushrooms, cabbages, dried seaweed, and dried herbs.
- Don’t worry so much about buying organic, if you can’t afford it. Do the best you can!
- She comments on possibly getting fresh venison, fish, and vegetables from hunters, fishermen, and gardeners you know in your area.
- Access your available sunlight, if you have it to grow edible foods. Either in your window sills or ground. Grow something.
- Forage the wild areas around your community. Pay attention to whether or not the lot has weeds, as weeds tell you that poison hasn’t been sprayed on it. Stay away from only grass. She states finding someone knowledgeable about the consumption of wild edibles.
- Kombucha Brew Kit – It’s a large ceramic container with a lid that allows for the continuous brewing of kombucha. Start slow drinking kombucha on a gradual basis. She purchased her unit from Kombucha Kamp, they sale scobies, and other materials to get you started.
- GT Kombucha – Recommends you leave the top off for a while until it doesn’t taste so sugary. Should take a few days.
- Vegetables – Dr. Terry grows herself in her garden are storage onions, spaghetti squash, several varieties of summer squashes, zucchini, and pawpaw.
- Eat Herbs – This is a list of the herbs she grows: oregano, parsley, and rosemary. She recommends you just grab some fresh herbs and eat them for refreshing your mouth as well as adding antioxidants. A very nutrient dense food and the original super food. Uses her Vitamix with olive oil and herbs to make wonderful sauces.
- Rosita Real Foods Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil – She really likes this company for vitamins A, D, E and K. and omega 3 omega 6 fats. She has a small dose of a 1/4 teaspoon added to her smoothies.
- Vitamin D – Country Life Vitamin D3 5000 I.U. She suggests you get your vitamin d3 levels tested to adjust your consumption of this supplement.
- Probiotic – VSL#3 Probiotic Capsules This is shown to very effective with people with inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis. She adds this to any of her fermented vegetables she makes, kefir or yogurt.
- Clay – Wealth & Beauty Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing. She uses this clay for a clay mask, which she wears for a half an hour. Dr. Terry states it pulls toxins out her skin as well as a slurry for inside the mouth for clay pulling.
- Lion’s Mane – Mushroom Matrix Lion’s Mane this product is now called Om Organic Mushroom Nutrition, they changed their name. She states this is a primer for our immune cells and might possibly increase the production of brain nerve growth factors. She adds it to smoothies, soups, and stews.
- Earthrise Spirulina Natural 500mg – She states adding this supplement is just an add-on for additional support. Dr. Terry uses this for a detox regimen.
- Nature’s Way Kelp – This is the way she ensures she gets enough iodine into her diet. You should also stay under 1000 micrograms a day.
- BodyBio – PC Phosphatidylcholine Liquid, Phospholipid Complex, 8oz – When we age the cell lining starts to age. This helps to slow down the aging process. Starts with a teaspoon blended with water. Then adds various fruits to make it taste better.
- Nutiva Chia Seed and BetterBody Organic Chia Seeds– She grinds or uses these seeds in smoothies. Great for your micro gut biome!
- Flax Seed – She also grinds her flax seeds for puddings or smoothies. She mentions that soaking the flax seeds for one hour starts the germination process, which helps with digestion of the seed. Also really good for your gut biome.
- Fruits & Berries – She grows her own Kiwi, elderberry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberries, aronia berries and currant berries.
- Olive Oil – Harvest Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil & Fresh Pressed Olive Oil Club this is the company she trusts with her olive oil as many companies dilute their olive oils with cheaper seed oils. She mentions to use olive oils cold and doesn’t heat them up as you damage the nutritional components. Blend them with your garden herbs and vinegar or lemon or lime juice for a great dressing.
- Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Use this oil if you are going to cook with oil. She also uses butter (ghee) and rendered animal fat to cook with as well.
- Green Pasture Coconut Ghee – A great product that combines both coconut oil and ghee.
- BulletProof Brain Octane – This is an MCT Oil great for making ketones. Start with a low dose.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – A great way to add collagen for joints and bones. A great addition if you are experiencing any joint pain.
- Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin – A great way to add gelatin to your diet also for bones and joints.
- Bone Broth – Terry recommends buying bone broth or just making your own bone broth. I have an amazing bone broth recipe here, Best Bone Broth Recipe. She doesn’t recommend any Bone Broth but I have reviewed a great bone broth company here, Kettle And Fire Bone Broth Review.
- BulletProof Collagen – She didn’t really discuss this one but it is present on the counter.
- Pure Synergy Organic Berry Power – When she travels she brings this along to get more color into her diet.
- Fermented Coconut Milk – She makes it with two cans of coconut milk, gelatin, and a VSL #3 capsule.
- Fermented Cabbage with hot peppers, garlic, and ginger. It takes 10 days to ferment.
- Fermented Garlic with peppers, ginger, with a salt water brine and also a VSL #3 capsule.
- Kraut Source Fermentation Kit – This is the kit she uses to ferment various foods.
- Wedo Banana Flour – This is another name change people, the new name is Zuvii Banana Flour. This is a great way to discreetly getting more fiber into your diet.
- Spring Sunrise Pure Ghee
- Tin Star Organic Brown Butter Ghee – Apparently this is like crack, as it is highly addictive, lol.
- A Lovely Sauce she makes- Olive Oil (or hemp oil), something sour (lemon juice, lime juice, or apple cider vinegar) blend these ingredients together. Then add fresh herbs to your liking.
- Black Pepper Grinder – Great health benefits. Recommends getting grinding pepper mill.
- MaraNatha All Natural Raw Almond Butter – She likes to bring this product with her when she travels, as a safe food for her.
- Marigold tea – Great for bile production and stimulate your detox.
- Fresh Ginger – Adds it to various meals and smoothies.
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Chocolate – Another great way to get collagen.
- Crown Prince Canned Oysters and Wild Planet Wild Sardines – This is another safe method she takes along with her when she travels.
- RealSalt Sea Salt – Great addition for extra minerals.
- Go Raw Sprouted Watermelon Seeds – Approved snacks!!!
- Go Raw Lemon Pie Sprouted Cookies – Another approved snack. Sound yummy!
- Go Raw Chewy Apricot Sprouted Bites – Snack food.
- BulletProof Bar VanillaMax protein bar
- Evolve Paleo Balls –
- Spend your money on nourishing foods.
Hopefully, this list will help people find more easily products that could potentially help with their health.